• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Brake Line/Hose

Brooklyn Tow

9 11 Never Forget
Reaction score
Had the front left wheel lock up good today.....I'm pretty sure the brake line/hose collapsed on the inside. (Ever have that problem?) Any thoughts on OEM or "Other"?.......I'm sure all brake lines are not created equal.

Thanks,

I just replaced mine on the driver side a couple weeks ago. Same thing happened to me. I would hit the brakes, it would pull to the right hard, then straighten out a bit. Once I got off the brake, it would pull to the left and the wheel stayed warm. I replaced the hose. I did have to clean up the threads on the flare nut, though. I carefully ran a die over the threads because it wouldn't thread into the new line. I had never heard of this before, but ended up replacing both sides anyhow and had to run the die on both sides.

To verify the hose is collapsed, you can push the brake to where the wheel is locked up, then release the bleeder fitting. If letting that pressure off lets the caliper release, then it's a hose. If it's still tight, then it's a caliper.

Snow, Thats what I did to unlock....TD, Good info in that PDF, I'll look into those teflon braided lines for availability and price. Just seems every fix needs to be done yesterday, Brakes are an item that shouldn't be skimped on.

Thanks,

I'm curious about this, too. But I'll say right up front that if Tim is happy with Goodridge... that's a good enough endorsement for me!

I bought a front/rear set from Summit (I think it was made by Russell) recently, but the SS hoses are too short so that has to go back. If I searched correctly, it appears JC Whitney doesn't (no longer?) have a Goodridge product for a '98 Suburban. I looked at Goodridge's website, but it appears they have quite a few products. A guess a phone call to them is in order.

Back