• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Block heater

SnowDrift

Ultra Conservative. ULTRA!
Reaction score
What is the recommended block heater for our trucks? OEM would be just fine for me. I see Unique Diesel carries them.

I did find a Katz 11612 also.

Theirs is short and stubby in comparison to the others I see for sale which look longer. I don't know what the factory one looked like and I can't check it since someone threw my old engine away...

The heater in the block of my truck, I think, was OE and it kept the engine nice and warm even at over 20 below zero.
It would even warm the hood enough to melt snow and create ice when it got colder.
I’m now thinking of hooking into two 600 watt units.
One on each side if there is room around the engine mounts.
Of course though, a pair of 1,000 watters and the engine would be near operating temp during the coldest cold spell. 😹😹😹

I don't know for sure but I think all of them have a built in over heat shutdown
I plug the backhoe into an external thermostat, I lay the sensor on the block, to keep the block at least 60 degrees.

If I know I'm going to start it and have time, I skip the thermostat and plug directly into the power bar. To warm it up just a little bit more

I'm not sure I'd want to do that on the trucks or Jeep. They're not daily drivers and the cozy warm engine compartment might be inviting to mice

Back