• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

BLAZER rear end/axle

matuva

Tropical 6.5er
Reaction score
New Caledonia. An island in south west pacific, cl
Hello,

I finally found a fex time to care about my Blazer.

I had an accident beginning of this year, a m... s...r hit me by the side with a SUV and now the flange of my wheel shaft is twisted, and my wheel rolls wavy

So, I was excpecting this would be a 1 hour job... but I forgor Caramel (my blazer) has a limited slip differential :mad2:

How the hell do you access the C-clip to release the shaft :???: :???: :skep: I can do that "fingers in the nose" on a simple differential, it doesn't appear so difficul on a 14 bolts with 9.5" ring, but this tiny 10 bolts and 8.5" ring, I don't know...

IMG_20131123_102226.jpg IMG_20131123_102342.jpg

Any suggestion? I'm missing something for sure but what?

First pic. The slots. Opposite the spinny things. Once you take out the cross bolt and cross shaft, push in (brake drums off) the axles and the clip will fall though the strategically placed slots.

They'll stay put. The normal 'open' diffs will let one slip, but if you're careful it's fine. Your gov-lock there will stay together just fine for an axle swap. If you are unsure, just slip the cross shaft back in and finger tight the pin-bolt.

Back