• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Blade or blower

emerson

Ugly is cheap
Reaction score
6'-8' of snow a year. 60 yard driveway. Also 7' drifts under the eaves of the house that I can't reach with a blade. Anyone have experience with Honda snowblowers?

No experience with walk behind blowers but I have a 48" front mount on my garden tractor. We get a bit more than your stated snowfall (4' this month alone) and it works great. We have a 600' drive and there is no way a blade works after the first few weeks of the season. I just wait for the gravel to freeze before changing over. Once the blower is on there is no worries about the drive closing in on us.

I needed to restock the woodpile this weekend and used the blower to cut a path 400' through the yard to the woodshed and then between there and the woodpile outside the door. This was through 18"+ of snow on the grass and I didn't screw up the grass and got through no problem. I would think a walk behind would also work well close to your house to clear under the eaves.

I rented a Bobcat skid steer with a 6' snowblower the other day to cut back the snow banks and it worked great with the exception of heavy ice. No snowblower will cut or throw chucks of ice, that would be the equivelent to rocks IMO. You can probably cut out most of the drift under the eaves but watch for chucks of ice to prevent damage to the machine.

Back