• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

BFG All Terrains for pulling??

JustinD

Reaction score
I just scored on 4 315/75.17's for my chrome H2 wheels, I have been running Mickey Thompson ATZ's for pulling, they seem to work good, but I think I could use a taller tire, also my truck is lifted 2" and the 305's look lost in my wheel wells. Should I just run these BFG's on the road or will they do ok pulling too???

you cant run BFGs on the road. THey have to be strictly for pulling.

THey do good on the track though.

alot of people run those for pullin but only when there brand new when they get a little older and wore out there not as good

^^^exactly, they have to be new.

So far ive been happy with my Dueler 695s. They kind of surprised me. They seem to clean out fairly well and seem to have a good bite.

Then theres jeff (ramtough01) and his Dayton Timberline ATs which work well for him too.

BFGs are good pulling tires but they arent the tire you absolutely have to have and they dont work for every truck. They are fairly agressive.

Did they change the tread design on the Timberlin ATs? That is what I had on my truck last and they were by far the worst tire I ever had. The traction was terrible on every type surface. After 8k miles I was glad that 2 of them were bald and 2 were almost half tread so I had an excuse to get rid of them.

yes its been changed, we sell them at work.

They are an economy tire. A Cheaper alternative to firestones and bridgestones.

haha they seem to work good for me its all in setup really i wouldnt mind some more bite for tires but with my tires being new seem to work damn good

^^exactly most of the tracks around here have a decent bite. Heck a street slick would probably get you down the track. You wouldnt win but you would go somewher.

Back