• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Best new brakes for a 06 2500 Dmax

tanman_2006

Just a farm kid...
Reaction score
What is the best new brake pads ya'll have found for these trucks. Sounds like my fronts are going out.

I tow heavy and the rotors look fine, no pulsing pedal. I want something that stops good loaded and lasts as long as possible under those conditions.

TIA
Tanner

X2 on the Raybestos Premium. I've got 195k on mine and no telling when I'll need to replace them. Can't argue with those results.

RAYBESTOS premiums would be my choice as that is what came OEM on them.

I just looked on Rockauto and they have three grades.

Economy (service grade)

Daily Driver (professional grade)

HP/HD ( advanced technology)

I don't ever consider the economy grade, but are you talking about the Daily Driver, or HP/HD grade?

Don

I just looked on Rockauto and they have three grades.

Economy (service grade)

Daily Driver (professional grade)

HP/HD ( advanced technology)

I don't ever consider the economy grade, but are you talking about the Daily Driver, or HP/HD grade?

Don

The performance grade is there blue line which is a great pad, and the same thing that GM used from the factory. The advanced technology work real good and is what I am using now on my BURB. The service grade is a good quality pad, but I wouldn't use em on a HD truck.

Thanks!! I've always wondered about the differences. I don'y deal with brakes very often, although I almost always do my own.

Don

I'd go with Centric Rotors and EBC Yellows.

I would try that if the rotors were warped but so far I have smooth stops and thick rotors.

Thanks for the help guys! Looks like I will be throwing some Raybestos Premium or HD pads under the truck (atleast on the front)

I would try that if the rotors were warped but so far I have smooth stops and thick rotors.

Thanks for the help guys! Looks like I will be throwing some Raybestos Premium or HD pads under the truck (atleast on the front)

NAPA carries the RAYBESTOS, and CARQUEST carries them as well. I use the CARQUEST blue's(same as the RAYBESTOS blue premium's) for my picky customers and trucks, and if they tow heavy alot I use there advanced technology premiums for towing(I believe they are all semi metalics though). The reds work great for cars, or for people on a budget who want something decent for the price of the normal parts store junk pads(I have yet to hear of any complaints from anybody I have put them on though).

Whatever you do, DO NOT go with SSBC for Rotors.

I thought they were a really Good Company, but my Rotors Warped within a few Months of them being Installed, I got Replacements, and I Think I can Feel them Warping again already.

I wouldn't Consider anything I Tow or Haul to be Heavy either, so it's not like I'm Over-Working the Brakes.

Just did oil & filter, fuel filter, lube and tire rotate tonight. Gotta say there's a good 50k+ left on my brakes. Something impressive about the OEM pads. Doesn't hurt that I'm almost all highway and notoriously easy on brakes. I regularly got 100k+ out of the old '83 C10 Shortbed brakes.

I am as easy on them as I can be. Not all of my trailers have brakes but I typically coast to atleast 40 if not slower using the tow haul before I hit the brakes. I;m not 100% sure I have worn pads but there is a squeak coming from the front end and I just assume brakes. I'm hoping its not a hub.

Back