• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Best Bang For Your Buck

jtw

Reaction score
I've been looking for an economical trans kit for a 5 speed, I've been looking at the TTS kit that comes with the transgo and extra C3 clutch and steel, and because money doesn't grow on tree's I'm going to use my OEM converter. If anybody has experience with these kits please chime in and let me know good or bad.

http://www.ttspowersystems.com/GM_tranny_kits.html

From what I have heard it is an ok kit for just over what a stock trans can hold. It is also NOT a kit for if you have limped your allison already as it just comes with extra clutches and such, not full sets. Also a stock converter is one of the first things I would replace as the converter makes a big difference in engine performance and the way the truck drives.

From what I have heard it is an ok kit for just over what a stock trans can hold. It is also NOT a kit for if you have limped your allison already as it just comes with extra clutches and such, not full sets. Also a stock converter is one of the first things I would replace as the converter makes a big difference in engine performance and the way the truck drives.

Agreed. Do at least a Suncoast Stage III kit or equivalent. Do it right while you have it out is the way I look at it.

No

Don't do it. The stock converter is why your and everybodys clutches get burnt. Its efficient for stock HP only. There is not a cheap way out. Just save your money for a good converter and new clutches from a vendor you can trust and will gave you good support during the build. IMO.

At MINIMUM I would recommend at converter, new clutches/steels, and a shift kit. It's not worth all the work taking it out and building it unless you're putting some decent stuff in. Doesn't have to be a top of the line Gmax kit, but something like a SC stage III is something to definitely consider...

Back