• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ARB Air Locker

Big T

Reaction score
How hard is this to install? Is this beyond my capability? Looking to install in the GMT-800 14 Bolt Full Floater that’s going in the ‘94 Suburban.

I can't say from personal experience, but I know the specific tolerances of gear lash and whatnot are very important so if you're able to measure such things and/ or am not intimidated by them wouldn't hurt to try! What are you going to do for onboard air?

Also here's a link to the installation guide in the 10.5" 14 bolt, and an hour long video on how to install the ARB. I haven't watched or looked over either but the video will probably be the best way to gauge for yourself whether or not it's something you want to take on

I can't say from personal experience, but I know the specific tolerances of gear lash and whatnot are very important so if you're able to measure such things and/ or am not intimidated by them wouldn't hurt to try! What are you going to do for onboard air?

Also here's a link to the installation guide in the 10.5" 14 bolt, and an hour long video on how to install the ARB. I haven't watched or looked over either but the video will probably be the best way to gauge for yourself whether or not it's something you want to take on

The mechanical is not the issue. The issue is all the knowledge that he has and I don’t. This would take me forever to do.

This is one of those jobs I'd like to do, but leisurely spread over a couple weekends. He did point out that he has a spare fitting he uses it when setting the gears so he's not repeatedly installing and removing the assembly with the copper air tube attached. That is a huge advantage. I'd still be willing to do the job, but I need to first install the axle and prove that it works properly.

Back