• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Anyway to test my boost guage setup for leaks?

mgray

Reaction score
The ferrule's that came with my boost gauge where tapered to one end, more so than the other end(a directional ferrule). The picture in my instructions show the ferrule being equally tapered (non directional ferrule). So I did my best to figure out which way was the right way to install it. I also think I might have over tightened the sealing nuts. And to end off, I need to undo the connection on the back of the gauge so I can install my gauge properly(not sure if the ferrules are one time use, especially if I over tightened them).

So anyways, once I unhook and rehook up my boost gauge, I'd like to know if there are any leaks. Is there any easy way to do this?

Thanks

Ferrules are generally a one time use. When you tighten the nut it compresses the ferrule to seal on the outside of the tube. I've seen overtightened ones completely crush the tubing. The only way I can think of to test would be with soapy water and a spray bottle. Would be hard to do this as the engine won't produce boost unless under load. Personally I wouldn't worry to much about it leaking if all the parts appear to be in good shape.

Back