• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

AC controls

btfarm

America First!
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
I have the auto temp control system. I just noticed that even though the ac/recirc/auto, etc lights are off, I still have AC running unless I hit the off button and then hit the fan control. I always hit recirc when I go through the car wash so I don't get the smell of that foaming wax crap in there and turn it off when I pull out. Isn't my AC supposed to shut off then? Maybe I've just been wrong about the thing all these years and my fuel mileage will miraculously improve...:icon_bs:

What I mean is, I only turn on the recirc and then hit the recirc again so light is off. The AC is never lit. I figured if the light is off=no AC but that's not the case unless I hit the O button.

I think if it's on AUTO, then it will automatically do whatever it needs to maintain the set temp. If it deems the air on, then it turns it on. If you adjust the fan or something manually, then it shuts AUTO off, then you can cycle the air on and off and it *should* be off.

I was running air on the way home (freakin' 93* and humid on May 24th :eek:). It's whacky. Guess I'll get the manual out to see what it's really supposed to do. I NEVER have run auto but it's acting like it is whether it's on or not. You'd think after 200k on 2 trucks with this system I'd know what it's supposed to do...:nonod:

Back