• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

About 12v oilpan heater?

I used them in my vehicles when I was in Fairbanks, Alaska. I was there 5 years, so 5 long cold winters.

They are held on with RTV silicone, I think I used red.

It is just used to keep oil warm. I would still use a block heater.

Mine plugged into a household outlet.

I used it in up to -60F weather.

But I also had a battery warmer blanket and a tank heater.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

It don't sound to good to me. I would bet a hour of having it on your batterys would be dead.
If you want a oil heater get the one that plugs into ac outlet.
As for block heaters the ones that has the pump built in are great. With one of those you get in turn the key on and hot air blows in your face.

Thanks for answers! I thought that it will drain batteries fast :( It would have been great for situations when AC is not available :/
I have already block heater but I´d like to warm oil also before start, could you recommend some product? (220V)

Kennedy Diesel sells pan heaters. I bought one a little while back with the intention on splicing it into the block heater wiring, but ended up using it for another project (heating muriatic acid to run it through my boat engine to descale it), so it never got installed on the truck. I need to get another one. On his website, click under truck accessories. I believe all the ones he carries are 110v, but maybe he can get a 220v model for you? Might be worth sending him an email to find out.

Back