• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

a-piller vs. overhead mount

MattZ71

Tennessee Diesel's Mod
Reaction score
ok guys, which of yall have the a-piller or overhead mount? which is easyer to install and esayer to see?? OH and how many of you use the TTS dash pocket mount.....do u like it?

I have both. The A-pillar mount holds the boost and EGT gauges, the overhead "Trippen" mount is for the rear air bags and compressor gauges. The a-pillar is definately easier to see. I think the ease of installation is about the same for either. There are a couple of pictures of my setup in my photo album.

I believe the a-pillar are easier to see. That is why I have the pyro and boost in there. I plan on putting the fuel pres. and oil temp/or oil pres. in the trippin mount.
I don't like the idea of the factory a-pillar needing to be used on the Autometer pod. I would have preffered a full replacement like is available for the other makes.

Pillar here...my Old eyes can't the gauges to well on the overhead spot..:eek:

If your doin a 3 gauge set up, the pillar is the way to go, but if your doin the boost and pyro, then it's your choice. If I could have seen the overhead gauges well enough, I woulda put em there.:D

thinks guy for the input! but i was look, and for $$$ reason's i may have to go with the over head trippin mount

I went with the overhead mount for my gauges. I didnt want anything in the a-pillar that would give away to anyone that I was "modified" until it was too late :)

I got a 3 gauge pillar mount with 3 guages (Came with trans temp, boost and pyro, I still have to return the trans to get an oil temp or something) for $189 It's a 7 color led deal. I have my pcds-9 controller in the overhead.

we have the overhead a little cheaper than that ;)

i have the pillar and my boss has the overhead both w/ the edge, personally i can't stand the overhead you really gotta take your eyes off the road to look at it.

Then there is the over mirror option. Doesn't mess up visibility around the a pillar and is much easier to see than the overhead.

i have the a pillar and the over head/over mirror mount that mini sub speakes of. personally i would do the autometer over head that i have. i find i look there easier than the a pillar. but it is personal preferance. it fits nice and is a no cut or screw mount.

Back