• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

A GT Mustang 5 spd bites the dust

got-h2o

HillBilly Pimp
Reaction score
It seems for me, the time is never right. Everytime I see a potential stoplight race, it never works out, never finding eachother side by side. Well, tonight was the first cruise night for the season in Lansing, IL, so the wife and I cruised up to see the cars, etc... Well, on the way home, there's this maroon Mustang GT 5 speed car (probably an 03/04, nice car) weaving through traffic, hammering on it every chance he got. I of course tell the wife how he "thinks" his car is fast. It had exhaust for sure, but that's all I know of. I couldn't get to him, cruising down Ridge rd for a while. We make a right hand turn onto Rt41 and I'm all over him, but couldn't get a light together. He did comment at one point "nice truck", so we were on good terms, just having a good time. Well, finally we meet at the next light. As I throw it in 4wd, I'm watching the arrows above my head as I start to preload. Right when I was to the point where I had the r's up, yet comfortably hold the truck, I wait for the light and drop the hammer. I hear him spin a little in first, then slightly into second, then he stuck third. As he was going into fourth, I noticed had to break him off to get around the a-hole that poped up in front of me. As I check my mirror, I realized I was like 5 truck lengths ahead of him!!! My windows were down, his exhaust was loud and my truck is not, so I know for a fact he was in it hard. After I got in front of him, he let off and turned. Everyone was meeting at the Meijer right there, so I figured he was turning around to go there. I turned around too, but he never showed up.

Nice car though. I never beat on this truck, and never once raced anyone with it, but man it felt good!! I've been running the 80hp Pred tune IIRC, boost controller at 30lbs. Not bad for 35's!!! :cornut:

Sorry for the lengthy post........had to make it interesting!!

Last edited:
Nice kill h2o! I always tell my wife, my truck just doesn't like Mustangs. Gave one just a little smoke bath on Thrusday.:ciappa:

Nice kill! :thumbsup:

Mustang drivers always think they are fast. Nothing better than beating the doors off one.

:thumbsup:
There are a few around home that "thought" they were fast including my buddies fiancee's with her 06 black GT. He tried to tell her but she just did not believe it until we took them out on the road. My buddy calls my truck the mustang molester. The mustang and charger guy's are the most fun to play with. They have the greatest attitude for ego killing. I only had one cool guy in a cobra that played on side of me on the interstate actually pull into the gas station and comment on how he was surprised that my big ass truck would run like that and had a lot of questions, the regular gt owners just give the standard I'm number one salute.

Back