• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

A/c problems

MGILBERT18

Reaction score
My A/C will blow cold air for a while and then it like the heater gets turned on. It only seems to do this if I have the temp controls set for very cold. If I set it just into the blue section of the temp controls, then it will usually be ok, but if I move the temp controls to about midwau into the blue, then it will switch over to hot air blowing out. The snowflake stays lit. The blower never stops blowing air the cooling changes from cold to hot. If I turn off the ignition and restart, the air will begin to blow cold again. It resets and the whole process will start over untill it gets real cool and repeats whe whole process. Does anybody have any suggestions before I take it in to the dealership??

I'm having the same problem but with the auto temp control. It blows cold air for a while then its like the heater kicks on if i turn off the truck and turn it back on it works again for a while. It only does it on the drivers side the passenger side works fine all the time. The colder i have it set the longer it takes before it starts blowing hot air.

I am having the same problem with my 02 2500HD and was hoping someone would share some light on this problem. Mine is blowing cool not hot air, but when it is blowing cool it seems like the air flow drops off at least 30%, Any ideas. HELP PLEASE

Back