• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

98 C3500 uneven braking

snewvine

Reaction score
I have a 98 Chevy C3500 dually I replaced the left caliper, rotor and new pads on front. I bled the brake system (RR, LR, RF, LF) and when I apply the brakes it grabs the right and pulls the truck right and when I release the brakes it pulls severely to the left and tries to stop the truck. Help Please!

Defective caliper or the bolts you used are rusty or too big.
The Left caliper is not applying and then not releasing. Thus when you are on the brakes the right is braking more. When you release the left, hung up, is still braking. Thus something has more friction on the left side aka bad caliper, bolts, or o ring out of the groove for the slider bolts.

Typically you replace both calipers and both bolt sets. This makes sure all the cr@p is the same size. Go elsewhere if the bolts in the kit are mismatched old and new stock. I fought a brake pull for years due to different brand bolts that had different diameters. One caliper would hang due to the different size bolts.

The bolts must be spotless to slide properly. The other areas in the spindle should not bind the caliper either. Last the calipers should be replaced in pairs - really, it stops issues like this.

It is possible you have a bad brake line or bad hose. Aka restriction in the brake fluid system. As you burned up the left side from parts replaced this could be the true issue to look at. Or you didn't find the reason for binding... Not a fun task.

Back