• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

95 GMC, changed radios, gained a speaker. Harness troubles??

GM Guy

Manual Trans. 2WD Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey all, I changed radios yesterday for one with more buttons, both 1995 cassette deck units out of parts rigs. the one to get put in yesterday has both back speakers working, as opposed to just the left rear speaker ONLY with the radio before that.

is the issue contained withing the radio, or is there a common chafing area that would short out the feed to the other speakers and I disturbed it?

thanks!

The amps in the radios do burn out. You can try the other radio again to eliminate wiring. You can look at the IC's on the heatsink for possible part numbers as these are the ones that burn out. May be cheaper to get another junkyard radio than to fix it. (I fixed one back in the day because I could and it was wired up special to replace a AM radio while leaving the AM in place.)

hey, two speakers is big-timing it. only got one of two factory ones working in the WT package 1991 C1500 v-6 gasser! :)

does door vibration usually kill the front speakers, and is there a good bolt in replacement?

Factory paper cone speakers do have a limited life made shorter by water or heat exposure. Vibration can and will crack solder joints in radios as well. Most issues I have with radios are from shot speakers.

Back