• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

93 3500 drw 2wd big brake upgrade

xcomet

Reaction score
Been trying to get more info on the dual piston caliper upgrade and most of what I have found seems to address 4x4's or light duty trucks. I'm hoping this is cause it is a simple upgrade on the 3500 drw 2wd trucks. Info and parts needed would be a big help
Thank's

is your truck a regular 1 ton (C3500) with IFS, 16 inch tires and drum brakes on the rear? or is it the heavy 1 ton (C3500HD) with Solid axles, disc brakes, and 19.5 rubber at all 4 corners?

welcome to TTS!

C3500 Thought someone might of fitted later model 2 piston calipers like done on someones k or the 6bolt suburban. Have looked at the after market [ssbc] stuff $ ouch. Might just look for used 4pistons in the used racepart market and fab up brackets to make a cost effective upgrade. This with rear disc should help with stopping when hauling loads.

maybe try adjusting the rear drums.

Either I am not picky, manual transmissions really help with engine braking, or both, because I am happy as a clam with the stock system.

Back