• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 wont start new to the diesel world

it was my glow plugs ! she fired right up after i put a new set of duraterms in cant believe the difference it made ! thanks for all your help guys ! much appreciated !

Good thing you got it running now that its really cooling off. The Duraterms are a lot better.

Got a few questions to see how effective some troubleshooting was.

How long is your glow time now?

Had you previously tried getting max glow time by unplugging the CTS and IAT sensor?

In the first post you mentioned the glow plugs ohmed out to spec, so I am wondering what the ohms were on the glow plugs and how many you checked?

well on cold starts i let the glows run for around 20 seconds ( i have an override )to be honest i never ohmd out every single plug and after i switched them out i realised the ohm specs varied significantly from .2 to 2.78 ohms ! i have yet to unplug my iat and cts it starts fine with them plug in 20 seconds of glows -5 celcius no block heater she fires up just fine coupled with freshly charged batteries it starts like a dream

Back