• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

5.9L/7spd/Restoraition 1953 StudeBaker M-275

M123KT-450

Reaction score
The plan restore the Rig, then before final prep and paint Powerplant Transplant !

Step 1:
Restoring the 1953 Studebaker M275 2.5T 6x6 truck tractor.
Step 2:
Repower this unit with the 5.9L-CTD and the ESO66-7B 7spd manual transmission with OD. then swap the 9.00-20's for 11.00R20s.
Step3:
paint and drive.

I'm sure with any project such as this time and money play a big roll so, i'm sure it won't go in and cut n dreid step or order some of this some of that alot of whatever and shazzam you have a Cummins diesel powered 2.5 ton 6x6 ten wheel drive that dose almost 70mph with enough power left to still tow 24,000 pounds of payload n trailer. trucks GVWR: 36,000LB's Now i'm sure the Good runing Gasser will still tow 36K but at like 45mph n 4mpg.
The diesel will Gross the 36k run 65mph and get about 6-9mpg.

this is the project stay tuned i'll update this and post photos n links as we go.

Mike

Thats going to be a nice jaw dropper when done. Good luck and have fun. Also where are you from?

Madison Wisconsin area.

Nice 4500 you got there whats the GVWR rating on those fancy new ones ?
I have a 1962 GMC its like a 4500 only 40 years older :D :thumbsup: :rofl::smilielol5:

Mike

The sticker says 16,000 but weight cap of springs adds up to 19.000. Bought ti as a leftover(dealer screw-up girl in office orded 2 but saleman sold 1) paid $26,900.00 and have just over 32 into so far cheaper than most 3/4 ton trucks. I enjoyed my trip in 2005 to your parts at Marshal and the Dells went to Li-America and The Dells for our clubs coaster-con have to come back and spend some time.

Yea my 62 GMC's GVWR is 14,000 but i'm conviced its under rated. . .
But nice to know even by moderen Truck standards its still compatible weight carrier. . .

Mike

In search of of a set of twin 35 gallon side mounted fuel tanks for the Stude. . .I can't seem to find them on the het any place i keep coming up with a bunch of under body fuel tanks. . .

I need the side mounted units that go under the cab and have the step in it. . .

Mikey

I need 2 tanks simular to this one pictured here:

Mike

Attachments

• fuel tank.jpg
    fuel tank.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 12
Yea its not so bad for a 56 year old truck...

It too had a battle with bad rusty fuel !

It won the fight but I aint going to run anymore fuel threw that rusty tank .

This why I need them 35 gallon tanks !

Mikey

Yikes thats a bit too big i do believe.
It'll be getting smashed up or get me hung up.

Tis why i was kind of hopping to find a set of the 35Gallon square tanks. ... .

Mikey

I have talked to the many mil spec guys they want to charge me like $500-$700 for a big axy tank. . .

The 35G square tanks came on the GMC C-50's n such.
I found 1 in the big Rig yard but they want $350 for it i think thats a bit HIGH. . .

I was hopping to find a SET for like $300-$400 not almost a grand or more. . .

Mike

Back