• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4in or 5in exhaust??

Snoman

Reaction score
OK guys which one is better 4 or 5in exhaust, I am looking into some pulling in the future so I want to get the right application right away for more power. Which one sounds getter too? I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the expandit exhaust systems they are really reasonably priced and was wondering if anyone had any experiece with them?? Thanks

Im anxious to hear this because Ill be ordering an exhaust for mine in the next 2 weeks. My original plan is to go with a 5in!

I once read somewhere that unless you were planning on making 800hp or more that you really didn't need 5" exhaust and you would actually loose alittle bit of power on the bottom end.

i bought the jegs 5" for my truck last year for around 420$. Haven't noticed any power loss. had it on before programmer or intake and low end power seemed fine. the only thing that changed was the sound, and man was it a good change. 4 and 5 in aren't really that different because they both hav a 4 in down pipe for pressure. idk thats just my say on the subject

Back