• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4 spd ally/4500/8.1

I do not believe you have and Allison in your application. It is most likely a 4L80E. If that is the case then no you cannot add 5th gear within the transmission. You could add an aftermarket overdrive though.

turns out the truck has a 5spd alli, but it has a overdrive lock out that doesen't let the truck to go into 5th gear,i need to get the truck back to start looking at the problem ,but the customer needs it now

turns out the truck has a 5spd alli, but it has a overdrive lock out that doesen't let the truck to go into 5th gear,i need to get the truck back to start looking at the problem ,but the customer needs it now

may be a stupid question but did this customer enable overdrive disable, by holding the tow/haul button for over 3 seconds?? the most simple solution is usually where I start.

I am about 3 months late but we have a C7500 with a Allison 2000 at work and it had the O/D lockout was a actual switch it wasnt part of the gear lever

Back