• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2016 F250 Super Duty brakes

jrsavoie

Recruit
Reaction score
2016 F250 6.7 4x4 Short bed, Crew Cab, Platinum

Are there differences between brakes on the F250 and F350?

Can the F250 brakes be upgraded?

Does anybody use Powerstop Brakes?

I've used them on other vehicles and been happy

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
IIRC, only real difference from a 3/4 ton to a 1 ton was is in the rear as 1 tons could get dually, and the 1 tons had the stronger springs. But there are also (or, were) 1 tons with singles. And there were 3/4 tons with springs which actually put them in the 1 ton class.

Just checked on Tasca (https://www.tascaparts.com) and the pads for both a 250 and 350 from 2016 come back with the same parts numbers for the SRW.

For finding the current favorites, check on FTE and PSN. Once upon a time, Hawks were the go-to.

Generally, Ford did not really change much between the 3/4 and 1 ton SD where the only core differences were in the springs. I'm sure some Ferd fan will flame me for not pointing out all the subtle differences, but they really were not notable from a powertrain perspective. Well, Ok, there was badging as a clear difference.

While thinking of it, might look into whether it is worth cryo treating the front rotors on the '16. I do this on my older Ferds to prevent warp.

Do not recommend the slotted or drilled rotors as this reduces the amount of braking force. Been there, not doing it again.

Back