• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2007 F-350 Questions

NNYdiesel

Recruit
Reaction score
A friend of mine is going to look at an 07 F-350 6.0 powerstroke with 46,000 miles on it. The dealer said it has a banks exhaust and intake on it from the previous owner which makes me wonder if the guy also had a tuner in it. What should he be looking for to see any signs of excessive wear and tear on it from a tuner?

The rear tires would be your best bet. If they are bald thats a good sign. Also the inside of the exhaust pipe. If its black as night and covered in carbon, then you know a lot of unburned fuel has flown through it.

If you suspect a module I would suggest looking under the hood. You will probably be able to see where it was mounted.

Thanks for the replies guys. He plans on driving about 120 miles from here to look at it. I'll pass the info along to him. :thumbsup:

I would check the service records of the truck and see how many HG's it's been through before I drove that far. I have eard the 6.0 got better as the years went with the HG issues.

Back