• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2006 LBZ Totally Stock - Got P0460 Code

RayMich

Reaction score
I have a 2006 LBZ with 58,900 miles.

Last night, the CEL came on while driving.

Today the CEL went out, but I finally got a chance to read the codes and found a P0460 code.

According to my book, the P0460 code indicated trouble with the Fuel Level Sensor Circuit.

My fuel gauge appears to be working fine.

Any suggestions?

I still have a valid GM Extended Warranty for 5 yrs / 75,000 miles.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Well I have never thrown a code but my gauge goes "crazy" every now and again. And every time I fill up till it runs out? I mean when I fill it up all the way.

If you fill up while the engine is running it takes forever for the gauge to read full. Ray I'd guess it's a hiccup. Just keep an eye out.

I hope it's just a hiccup. I filled up 360 miles ago, so it's definitely not caused by filling while the engine is running, which I never do anyways.

The last time I got a CEL on this truck was 3 years ago when one of the batteries died. Dealer replaced it under warranty and I've never had any other problems. I service the truck religiously. Lately I've been thinking about driving down to Georgia and then to Louisiana to visit our son and our daughter and I was recently commenting about how lucky I've been with this truck. -Less than 24 hours later I get this CEL. Weird! :confused:

I hope this not a bad omen!

That's why I always have carried my code reader so I can read/reset if needed. I understand it makes you nervous though...

Probably a hiccup or it's possibly on its the way out. You never know. I always fill my truck up with it running, and yes, it takes 20 mins for the gauge to finally read full.

Thanks guys!

I have not erased the code yet, in case I need to take it in to the dealer.

I'll see what happens in the next couple of days.

Back