• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2006 Jeep Liberty Emergency brake dust shield/backing plate

jrsavoie

Recruit
Reaction score
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Emergency brake dust shield/backing plate.

The left one was all but gone, the right was still there, I had the Jeep at a trusted shop yesterday, because the 1994 had the shop space plugged up.

Neither I, nor the shop, can't find replacement backing plates.

Found these 2 pieces that might

My 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD has 3 studs that hold the backing plates on.
The 2003, 2004 & 2005 have 4 studs.
I saw in a review that this backing plate didn't have the wheel speed sensor hole that started in 2006.
I am confused as others have said they gad 4 studs to hold the backing plate on, on a 2006.

I did rears about 7 years ago. You'd think they would have lasted longer. Might have got driven with the Emergency brake on.

Now the pads are off both sides. I need to disable the handle or something, so nobody tanks it.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
My 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD has 3 studs that hold the backing plates on.
The 2003, 2004 & 2005 have 4 studs.
I saw in a review that this backing plate didn't have the wheel speed sensor hole that started in 2006.
I am confused as others have said they gad 4 studs to hold the backing plate on, on a 2006.

I did rears about 7 years ago. You'd think they would have lasted longer. Might have got driven with the Emergency brake on.

Now the pads are off both sides. I need to disable the handle or something, so nobody tanks it.

They most certainly are mighty proud of them backing plates. 🫣🙈😢

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
They most certainly are mighty proud of them backing plates. 🫣🙈😢
I only found one new for the left side, if I remember right.

Haven't really looked around much.

Other priorities.

The brakes are fine. The emergency brakes are gone. Just want to get it fixed ASAP.

It's behind the 94 on the list.

I thought someone on the Jeep pages might have a part out.

All I've got so far are spam responses

After searching off and on, I guess I need to be looking for a complete rear differential.
Especially if I can find one for a 2006 - 2007 that someone is getting rid of because it's trashed. As long as the backing plates are good

Back