• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2006 door panel switch removal

RI Chevy Silveradoman

At your service
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
I tried to search for any information on the door panel removal for 2006 truck, but could not find any. I am looking to find out how to safely remove the switches on the door panel for the heated seats and windows. I do not want to force anything and break the plastic. Any help both with schematics and photos are welcomed.

Ok, to do the switches you need to remove the door panel. They are bolted from behind.

The door panel is simple.
First remove the outside mirror bolt cover, grab the point on top and gently pull out, it is held in by spring clips.

Second, on the front side of the door panel, mid way up near speaker there is a push retainer, remove it.

3-move to the door latch area, there is a round plastic button, that is a cap that just pops on, then there is a torx screw under it.

4-Now remove the door lock slider by popping the back end out with a little pry bar/ flat bladed tool. Now you expose a 7mm screw, remove it. Also need to remove the 7mm screw under the handle you use to close the door.

5- next pop the cover that surrounds the exit handle, it is all just clips.

6- now you should be loose, slide the panel up carefully as the door lamp and all the switch harnesses are still connected. Disconnect each harness and remove the panel.

Back