• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1995 Suburban radio and speaker options?

WarWagon

Well it hits on 7 of 8...
Reaction score
Although one could say fix the radio first so you can wait for the tow truck with the radio on...
What are the 1995 Suburban radio and speaker options? 6 speaker system and the speakers are shot.

Do they make any aftermarket radios that fit in the same spot as the factory radio for 1995?

Recommendations for speakers in OEM locations?

I have a different head in mine.. alpine. I want to swap it for a newer model with a USB input and a cd that reads mp3. Crutchfield.com has a great system for punching in model and year to get speaker sizes. Their prices are not bad. One stop shop: you can get harnesses to ease the install.

I rarely have (adult) passengers, so i am going to do front speakers and the fAr back (4x10s iirc) only. My fronts are actually 2 piece per side stock.. They have a tweeter on the arm rest. Ilikely will just replace with a quality 3way speaker. My buddy has a sub woofer he wants to sell. I might just do fronts and the sub in the far back.

Wal mart has decent prices on good brands (sony, pioneer) but you need to know what you need. My store does not stock the 4x10s for the rear.

That all make sense?

The 95 uses teh same radio as most any GM truck from 95-02, so it is a fairly common double din unit. The front door speakers stock are an oddball 6 3/4" woofer with a small 2" tweater unit mounted seperately. You can buy these speakers as component sets normally from most sterio shops, but they are spendy. The rear 4 speakers are powered off of an amplifier under teh drivers seat, so keep this in mind if you go with a high power headset that you may have to get an adjuster to hook inline with your amp to keep from blowing it. The rear door speakers I believe are 6 1/2"s, and teh very rears I want to say are 4X10's(not sure as it's been awhile since I had mine out).

If you want a radio without knons I could hook you up with a Radio/cassette player.

If you are getting rid of your radio, I need knobs. I would buy your OEM radio knobs

Check with Crutchfield. They sold me a complete kit with a dash to cover the whole double din unit.

It also comes with a harness adapter that you have to hook up together so it will just plug to the existing connector.

Check with Crutchfield. They sold me a complete kit with a dash to cover the whole double din unit. It also comes with a harness adapter that you have to hook up together so it will just plug to the existing connector.
I was going to suggest Crutchfeild's too since they are right up the road from me. They are good about having odd din sizes like the 1 1/2 DIN GM's take.
And they have great details on what speakers will fit a given vehicle without cutting them up.

Kind of a late addition to this post, but L98TPI is correct in that GM used a goofy 1.5 DIN radio along with Chrysler. There are very few head units that fill the entire space. In my 96 I used a Pioneer unit, since I prefer the stockish look. Pioneer has discontinued these head units, so look on eBay if you want one like this. Otherwise Jensen also makes a decent one. Crutchfield carries the clips to slide it in like stock.

IMG_1866.jpg

My Suburban already came with a single DIN JVC with the spacer thing, works fine.

Back