• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1993 Dash

DieselCash

Trust but, verify
Staff member
Reaction score
I found a red dash for my truck for $17.00. It is crack free, but just a little dirty. It is the same color as the dash in my truck now. I will see about getting it sprayed with color matched bed liner so it will last a lot longer than the original. Man what a score! :thumbsup:

I will post pics soon!

Here is my new dash;

IMG_0212.jpgIMG_0213.jpg

Here is the dash in my truck know;

IMG_0215.jpgIMG_0214.jpg

Here is what the old dash looks like as of 1700 tonight;

IMG_0221.jpg

I still have a little more work to do to get the old dash out but almost there!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Is there a write up for this? I will have to look in my book!

yes there is a write up here somewhere. We were just talking about heater core R&R and the condenser came up to. Its real easy and pretty much self explanatory once you start working on it. Basicaly remove the plastic housing, spray it down with some condenser cleaner. Instructions on my cleaner said to rinse with water to.

Another '93 here. Busted all to H.E. double hockey sticks.

My dark blue donor came from a parts yard gasser 'burb. Nice nice. Amazing how the sun can give life and taketh life away.

Bedliner?

On the dash?

If done right it looks very good, hard to tell it from stock. I used to own a spray in liner business and sprayed a few interiors.
I used a product that I could tint and over reduce it would flow out very nice. It would even dry with almost the same grain.
The rhino or linex won't do that.

Finally got the dash out, here is what it looks like so far this morning;

IMG_0235.jpg

I think the reason this dash cracked up so bad is lack of padding were it sits on the front by the windshield. The donor truck truck I pulled the new dash out of had a thick mat up there. I will go to home depot and see what I can find. Here is what I am talking about;

IMG_0236.jpg

Last edited:
After seeing these pics I remember how I cleaned my Condenser. I drilled out the melted plastic rivets holding the blower motor to the case. Once thats removed the condenser is right there. Spray it down real good then I used a garden hose to rinse it off. I repeted this a few times. The water will run into the catch pan and out the tube to the ground.
To reattach the blower motor I installed "J clips where the plastic rivots were.

Edit: a couple nuts on firewall will have to be removed. They are on studs going to blower case.

For dash to help keep metal off the plastic I used two types of foam here is a pic;

IMG_0239.jpg

As of 1040 this morning this is were I am at on the dash reinstall;

IMG_0237.jpg

Well back to work!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
After seeing these pics I remember how I cleaned my Condenser. I drilled out the melted plastic rivets holding the blower motor to the case. Once thats removed the condenser is right there. Spray it down real good then I used a garden hose to rinse it off. I repeted this a few times. The water will run into the catch pan and out the tube to the ground.
To reattach the blower motor I installed "J clips where the plastic rivots were.

Edit: a couple nuts on firewall will have to be removed. They are on studs going to blower case.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

I will have to get to this on a later date, need my truck to get to work.

Well almost done, just need to figure out what to do about the speakers and then install the covers. Here is a pic;

IMG_0240.jpg

I also need to reinstall the kicker panels, I am wanting to clean a little more under them.

This was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
That's looking good! Especially when you compare to the beginning pics.

Now that your experienced you can come on over and pull my dash for me. Not for the same reason though. I'm adding power mirrors and am planning to put the new mirror loom in under the dash, in the stock location, to keep things clean under there.

Don

Leroy, you're catching my attention. can you access the condenser that way without removing the dash, and remove/replace it? Should avoid me a nightmare on my Blazer...

Al, sorry I cannot remember. It sure seems like I had the dash out while cleaning my evap because I was putting a new interior in at the time also.

Back