• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1990 Champion Eurocoach 37 ft what's it worth?

Not an expert here but a couple things stick out. Thats a lot of repairs for a unit with only 100000 miles. Also in 8 years its only traveled 10000 miles, that botthers me. The roof, my parents had a Damon motorhome and they tried very hard to wear it slam out! LOL Kept it on the road and they were lucky and had no roof leaking problems but people they met would have roof leaking problems and the consensus was that once a roof starts leaking u r gonna have to battle it from now on. Motorhomes r built like a house and some just cant stand the stress of the wiggling and twisting that the walls and roof go thru. Some models r better than others but the bottom lines is that some just dont leak and others leak even tho u have religiously put the roof treatment on every year. Just what my father says is all I can say.

The ones that are sprayed with closed cell foam are much quieter, reinforced as the foan adds structural strength.

The roof can be fixed with liquid rubber by somebody that knows how to do it. I'd recomend adding a few Stainless rivots before coating the roof.

It doesn't sound like that bad of a price. What do those have for a drive train?

240hp Cummings with a 4spd Allison.

This unit has been garage kept & the owner is a jet engine mechanic that I spoke briefly with. I asked about the roof & he is indicating no leaks or indications exist. I am leery about the age of the unit along with the lack of miles over the course of the last 9 yrs.

If he will come down some this may be a great starter for me to get my feet wet, just don't want to end up purchasing a money pit & with the age of this that may be very plausible.

Greg, are you handy kind of guy?

My dad has good luck buying RV's out of the U.S, fixing them up and selling them out here.

Many people sell their RV's cheap if they have issues.

Yea I can fix things...kinda getting to the age were I would rather not have to be wrenching on things but still if the price is right.

I can not believe the fluctuation in prices I am seeing. I have looked at these on & off over the years but my goodness must be the economic times we are in, cause the prices are all over the map.

Thanks Gerald!

Yea I can fix things...kinda getting to the age were I would rather not have to be wrenching on things but still if the price is right.

I can not believe the fluctuation in prices I am seeing. I have looked at these on & off over the years but my goodness must be the economic times we are in, cause the prices are all over the map.

Thanks Gerald!

Yep, I always look around as I'd like to have another. The prices are all over. People that want good money for theirs are sitting on them a long time. Other people are going belly up and unloading theirs for anything they can get fast.

I still wish I hadn't given my 1977 away. It only had 26,000 miles. We were just talking about that last night.

I wouldn't be scared of a low milage. I know one guy that has a mid 90's Class A and it has very few miles. It's been parked at a campground for years. They even have bushes planted around it. You'd have to rip out trees and stuff to get it out. I'm not quite sure why you would invest that much in a Motorhome and then park it in a park forever. It happens. I have some friends that have Motorhomes and campers That don't put much milage on them. They drive at most 4 hours one way and make about 6 trips a year - 48 hours of driving time, about 2,400 miles

Back