• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

11/9/09 What Programer,Tuner or Chip are you running

11/9/09 What Programmer, Tuner or Chip are you running.

• EFI Live

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • PPE

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Superchips

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Banks

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Edge

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Hypertech

• Bullydog

• Diablo

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Smarty

• Other.. please explain

Votes: 11 23.4%

• Total voters
The banks is all right for the on the fly tuning on the PDA. But it will throw a code likeTRANY slip and shut off. Hugh pain is you are rat racing takes you over 100mph. Then you have to drive like 30miles after you clear it before it turns back on. Any one wont to buy it cheap.
I dolike the speed drake that runs on the PDA very nice.

Hypertech Power Programmer II on Stage 3 for nearly 3 years and 75,000 miles. Stock tranny, I drive 130 miles per day and average 18.5 mpg.

Ran the Predator on my Duramax's and Loved it. Best "Bang for your Buck" by far in my mind. Now Running the Smarty Jr. on the Cummins and for the Cummins, I have to believe the Jr. is in the running for that title too. I run it on 70 hp tune everyday, but enjoy turning it up to 100 hp tune every so often.

PPE Hot +2 but I only run it on level 2 out of 6 (90 HP).
I only have a Trans go Jr, so I need to make it last a little while till I can afford a SCIV.
Very happy with the PPE so far.

no chip - but had superchips in the dodge. Probably helped with acceleration and towing and fuel mileage, and probably also saved me from ruining the torque converter too much. Wish I had more, but it was better than nothing. (I left it on performance tow - though I hardly ever towed)

Other---Stock tune at present.

I am looking at tuners and for me there is a certain domino effect I have to deal with before I start bumping up the power on my truck. Before I bump up the power I need to have EGT and boost gauges as a minimum so I know what is going on. I am looking at the tuners that have the display that all you have to do is install the pyrometer and you have your EGT plus all the other monitored parameters from the on board computer. Banks and Edge are the two in the running at this time.

All comments and suggestions are solicited.

Back