• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

07 K2500?

tazz

Reaction score
Hi All,

I might be in the market for a new rig and from what I gather the 06-07 models are what I should be looking for. I think that I read somewhere maybe here that the LBZ is a really good engine and I think that if I sell a couple of the vehicles that I have now they might be in my price range. As I haven't been looking for a vehicle in a while I really don't know what a good or fair deal is so any help is appreciated. What I'm looking for is something that is semi low millage lets say under 60,000 that is a crew cab long bed 4x4 preferably with most of the amenities. I was doing some quick looking on Autotrader and found this one http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...ds=25&cardist=363&standard=false&rdpage=thumb maybe you can give me your opinion on this and such.

Thanks,
Dan

Yes the LBZ from '06-'07 is probably the most desireable one of all Dan but as you can see from the ad you posted they do bring a premium price. They are pretty much trouble free for most everybody. 60k miles is barely broke in, I have 100k+ over that and it's been with almost no issues. Maintenance is expensive though but so is a 6.5.

So would that truck that I posted for what it is be about the right price with maybe a little wiggle room, lets say in the ball park? I know the 6.5 is expensive but I'm a mechanic by trade so I do all the work myself, lucky me.

Anything mid 2004 on up that has the injectors outside the valve cover is what you want to go with. Time has solved the issues with the older engines including the LLY. Just have to throw a little cash at em. 2008 is also a good year but has the loss of some economy (10%) with the DPF. 60-110K doesn't make much difference to the engine except for wear on the truck itself. The NBS in 2008 almost makes up for the DPF and GM has the least trouble with the DPF system.

You will be more than happy with the LBZ. I would say there has to be some wiggly room with the price since it is a dealer. I would also suggest having a VIN check done here. This is the VIN for that truck.

1GCHK23D27F156393

So I don't think that I'm so interested in that particular truck as to the options that it has and what they are asking for it, basically that is what I'll be looking for. I noticed that here in New England that the prices seem to be a bit lower than where this truck is. I would still have to sell my 6.5 and my 04 SS Impala plus still put down a good chunk of change. I'm thinking that with a truck like this one I can have the best of both worlds so I won't miss the Impala so much. Some day I would like to get a travel or fifth wheel trailer also so we can do the family vacation thing, you know wife and two kids 9 and 5. I know there is deals to be had out there it's just being ready at that time. I still have some work to do to the 6.5 to get it ready to sell anyways.

Dan

Back