• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

07 Duramax Dually...

HoytBows

Reaction score
Does anybody know if there is any differance between a 07 Dually frame and say a regular short box frame? In other words if found a truck that is a dually and i want to put a regular box on it, will that work??

Just so I'm tracking here... Dually = 8 foot bed. Regular box = 6.5' or 8' in your book?

In GM's f***ing book Regular/Standard Bed = 6.5', and Long Bed = 8' bed. In my book Regular = Long, the other one is SHORT!.

My suggestion though would be to hit up GM Upfitter's Site and check out the frame dimensions/specs that they have posted there.

I believe the frames are the same, but the axles are different. The tires will look goofy. Could add spacers, I suppose.

I know the frames are slightly different in how the cross members are laid out. I know when I was installing my B&W Turnover Ball, there were two different ways to line it up depending on if it was a long or short bed.

Also, it used to be that a Dually rear axle housing was actually narrower that a SRW. So as stated before, if you switch to SRW you may need a spacer to bring it out closer to a stock SRW.

I know the frames are slightly different in how the cross members are laid out. I know when I was installing my B&W Turnover Ball, there were two different ways to line it up depending on if it was a long or short bed.

Also, it used to be that a Dually rear axle housing was actually narrower that a SRW. So as stated before, if you switch to SRW you may need a spacer to bring it out closer to a stock SRW.

X2, i know the frames were different on the older trucks and the axles were different. I have noticed that both of my SRW LBZ's have two sets of spring pads on the axle, the inner pad is lower on the axle than the outer pad which leads me to believe is for a larger spring pack with the same ride hight.

haha, yeah 6.5ft bed. Basically does a dually have a different frame than a standard truck of its same weight class

Frame is the same...but you will have to use a 8' SRW box(a long bed)

only difference is the spring pack...the rear end is the same...

Back