• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

06 K2500 Duramax front diff

tanman_2006

Just a farm kid...
Reaction score
Just did my yearly diff fluid drain and got a lot of course shavings out of the front diff and fluid was silver. The front end makes a pretty good clunk from forward to reverse and makes noise on tight turns. The out put and input shafts feel pretty tight and no bad oil leaks so I always figured the CV joints or front end slop making noise.

Any tips on parts for the rebuild? Figuring on a ring and pinion as well as all seals and bearings.

Also I would like to compare to a reputable rebuild company that can send a drop in until.

Thanks for any help!

Thanks I'll give him a call. The local shop quoted 1200 installed for bearings and seals +5-800 if I need ring and pinion (which isn't in stock). If I provide my own kit 550-800 for labor (6-8hrs at 86/hr).

That's the local gm shop, bout the only shop I trust locally

SWEET RAPE BATMAN! $550-800 to rebuild a friggen 9.25" IFS is OUTRAGOUS. Are they pulling it out for that as well? If that is just for the diff, that is STEEP. It took me less than 2 hours to redo mine, and that was setting it up for 3.42's, and I didn't even have all the special tools and was improvising.

The other local shop said same hours for 120/hr.

I definitely don't have the time right now. This shop will get me in and out in a day, I NEED my truck asap w/ functional 4x4

Which truck is this for? How many miles on the truck? If you get a junkyard truck that was in an accident with low miles you may get lucky.

Lol I bet there is some truth there ww

Its for my 06 "cream puff" lol. 269k I'm keeping it for the long haul, it has many more years of abuse to receive.

Last edited:
Back