• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

06-07 Engine and Trans Monitoring

tanman_2006

Just a farm kid...
Reaction score
Is there electronic monitor, like the Edge Insite (i know the 6.0 powerstroke community uses these) that is compatible with our trucks and EFI Live?

I am not against A-Pillar set ups but if I could get a monitor and so pillar gauges then I could monitor ALOT of info. I am very interested in what is going on inside the little beasts growling under my hoods.

Thanks for the help,
Tanner

Insight works fine on the LBZ. Now, you can't switch tunes with anything newer than a 05 Duramax. But, it will still show plenty of data. The EFILive will show data, but it's not as handy as a insight sitting on the dash.

Switching isn't a big deal, my lap top is in my truck 75% of the time. I might get some sort of stand for my lap top too but when I have a truck load of people the laptop isnt handy taking up the middle seat.

Thanks for the answer. Is the insite the only option for a monitoring unit, not counting a laptop?

The scanguage is another option. I had mine on a mount over the rearview mirror.
It can't monitor EGT, but it will show you practically everything else.

An Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Guage will go nicely in a pillar pod (it's round). Plugs right into the OBD port and can do scans and other things, and they have 2 analog inputs which you could hook an EGT gauge into, or just get a 3 gauge pod for boost, EGT and the Aeroforce.

www dot aeroforcetech dot com

Thanks for all of the options!

I had been looking through everyones sigs and never saw any of those... My Edge Evo is mounted above my mirror, I'm not sure if I like it there. I feel like I am taking my eyes off the road too much looking up there. Either a dash mounted Insite or Pod Mount Aero Force Inteceptor with EGT sounds like what I would want to do.

I have seen a steering column Pod mount some where that might work good too.

The Edge Dash Mount is really Nice, and Integrates / Flows with the Dash Nice.

I have one (came with the truck too) its the wrong color and it looks like it would interfere with the A-Pillar pods there though. Any experience with the fitment there? Does it use the same mounts as the edge evo (same shape?)?

It prob. would Interfere with a Pillar Mount, but if you have the Insight, you can Display up to 6 Gauges at once, so there really isn't a need for Pillar Gauges, unless you want to Monitor EVERYTHING.

But yea, the Insight and Evo Use the same Chassis, just the Internals are Different, so they will both Fit In the Pod.

duramaxtuner.com

Will this work? I would like the opion of selectible tunes. THAT IS EXPENSIVE!

Last edited by a moderator:
Does he have a change on the fly set up? I am not saying that he doesnt have good tunes or service I just thought the change on fly option would be a good feature for a truck that will be used for MANY purposes.

I'm not sure if I want to pay the price for the Change on the fly set up but it looks nice.

I am pretty sure a pretuned ECM can be purchased with multiple tunes and switching on the fly. Drop Henry a PM I am sure he can give you all the specifics.

Does he have a change on the fly set up? I am not saying that he doesnt have good tunes or service I just thought the change on fly option would be a good feature for a truck that will be used for MANY purposes.

I'm not sure if I want to pay the price for the Change on the fly set up but it looks nice.

Post on his section or give him a call to see what he has. He might have more stuff than what he has posted on his site.

Pepp has purchased a lot of stuff from him for his engine rebuild. :thumbsup:

Henry sells Idaho Rob's tunes who is one of the top 3 tuners IMO and IIRC Idaho Rob will tune via email...but in that instance you will have to buy the EFI Live unit...so you don't have to buy another ECM or send yours in... also he sells DSP5(5 tune switchable) tuning or DSP2(2 tune switchable) tuning

Henry sells Idaho Rob's tunes who is one of the top 3 tuners IMO and IIRC Idaho Rob will tune via email...but in that instance you will have to buy the EFI Live unit...so you don't have to buy another ECM or send yours in... also he sells DSP5(5 tune switchable) tuning or DSP2(2 tune switchable) tuning

Good point Paul.

I also think Henry has a V2 that can be loaned out so you don't have to purchase the entire EFI Live set up to install tunes.

Back