• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

03 dodge window problem

searstractorfan

Reaction score
Ok ive got an 03 dodge(in my signature) and when I got the truck it was dusty..the guy was a "hobby" farmer/fireman....Anyways the truck was "dirty" and needed cleaned up..So I broke out the armor all wipes, and it cleaned up WONDERFULLY, BUT now ive got a problem with the windows, the passengers side, and both rear windows will not work from their switches, but you can operate them just fine from the drivers seat.....It acts like the window lock switch is on but its not....Now the funny thing is they will occasionally deside to work and then they quit again....id say 99% of the time they dont work...so is their a short in the window lockout button? Or does anyone have a better idea? I havent a clue how to take the door apart(I cant even get the dash apart to install the lights in my EGT, boost and rail pressure gauge yet!)....If no one knows, ill just live with it as I WONT pay what any dealer would want to fix it!!!

Spray electrical contact clean in the switches and work them . some time you get lucky :) Otherwise its new switch time.

Would you belive the darn things worked today!!! im wondering if the lockout button is messing up...it locks all the windows from their buttons, but the driver can control them just fine!!!

Back