• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

CDR Leak on Heath intake boot

Big T

Reaction score
IMG_2974.jpegIMG_2975.jpegIMG_2976.jpegOn the ‘94 K2500 Suburban, I have the 2nd Generation (post SKB) air intake. There is a simple 3/4” diameter hole in boot for the hose from the CDR and it is egged out and leaking. I would like to address this as I do the CKO ProVent install. Existing fitting is a 3/4” straight barb. Looked on Amazon last night and found a heater hose 90 degree barb fitting by Gates, but it provides no OD dimension. Presumably it is 5/8”.

I think the ideal solution would be a threaded reinforced plastic fitting pushed through from the inside and locked in place with a plastic nut, then an 90 degree elbow threaded onto that.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Is the intake boot real rubber? if so, maybe a rubber grommet with some of that vulcanizing compound for tire patches will make the grommet and boot one piece. that would make the bib have a tighter fit possibly?

3/4" is the outer diameter. Don't know the thread pitch. It could very well be NPT (3/8"?). Had it for years so, yeah, no record or memory. It wouldn't work with the S&[O]B unit which has its own fail design for the CDR connection.
The threads help with a little bite in the intake tube. Used in conjunction with the rubber grommet idea, it cold work. I do like that Silicon Port System too. Use that as a sleeve inside and thread the port through the ovaled (sp) out hole.

3/4" is the outer diameter. Don't know the thread pitch. It could very well be NPT (3/8"?). Had it for years so, yeah, no record or memory. It wouldn't work with the S&[O]B unit which has its own fail design for the CDR connection.
The threads help with a little bite in the intake tube. Used in conjunction with the rubber grommet idea, it cold work. I do like that Silicon Port System too. Use that as a sleeve inside and thread the port through the ovaled (sp) out hole.
The Silicon Port System would work, but the part shown is 1/2” NPT female. Don’t know what the OD is, but I suspect it would not work.

Take the pieces you've got to include the intake to a specialty shop like House of Rubber or Hose, Rubber Supply or some such equivalent and see what they may have. I've done that a few times and have come up with ideas for projects in the past. Be it the truck, pressure washer or air compressor stuff.

A fitting for marine use could be pvc or pete or abs and all three require different chemicals to bond.
Like metal for a truck- some is steel, some is aluminum, and fans of Elon have stainless steel trucks. But they all take different chemicals to bond.

Back