• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Dmax in a 1500 Yukon?

hickorhippy

Non-Neo-Con
Reaction score
Is it possible or do we have to step up to a 2500 Suburban frame?

It would be easier than swapping a Dmax into a 1991-1999 truck, right?

Seems like if the 6.0 is used in the Tahoe, the motor mounts would line up with the ones on the Dmax, since that engine is also used in the 2500HD trucks. Also, what about electronics?

Tx

The TDIGUY over at the place did an 03 ESCALADE with one. It is possible, but takes quite a bit of doing. I know he had to modify the trans crossmember and make setback brackets for the motor mounts as well as the 2" body lift. There is also another member over there with an ESCALADE DURAMAX, but I believe his uses the 2500 frame.

Hmmm....ya, I read TDIguy's thread and he had pix and video posted but now removed. No sense in letting out that data since he started doing them for profit...

Would a 2500 suburban (2003+) be easier in terms of motor and trans mountings?

Any of the 2500 SUB's would be a good choice, just make sure that whatever you get matches the generation of your donor. 01 for 01, 02 for 02, and 03+ are said to be pretty universal. I know that he also ran into some issues with the 1500 and wiring changes that required him to redo the fuse panel some as the 2500 panel wouldn't work with the 1500 in the ESCALADE. A 2500 woulkd be a much easier platform to work with though.

Thanks Ferm....sounds like it is best to go and buy a 2500 and match it year for year....

Wish I could get my hands on a salvage LLY truck....I'm too worried about the LB7 injector issues...

Would be fun though....especially if it could be done for under 16k.

Back