• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

12 Valve into a 1999-2003 F350 ?

RedneckBuckeye

Recruit
Reaction score
I have been thinking( not real seriously at this point) about putting a 12valve into a 1999-2003 f350. If I did this and they start doing diesel emision testing what they go by Vin number or what. Would this be a problem, with making it all legal?

If they start emissions testing, then you could be in a pickle. The rule in many states is a transplant is allowed, but you must use an engine from the same or newer and one intended for that application. You couldn't legally put a medium duty engine into a light duty truck, or anything along those lines. This varies by state though, so you would have to check local laws if your concerned.

If they start emissions testing, then you could be in a pickle. The rule in many states is a transplant is allowed, but you must use an engine from the same or newer and one intended for that application. You couldn't legally put a medium duty engine into a light duty truck, or anything along those lines. This varies by state though, so you would have to check local laws if your concerned.

:iagree: Yes, from what I remember, you can put an engine from a truck that is the same year as your transplant truck or newer. Not so legal if you put in an engine from an older truck. Otherwise, a '07 F-250 with a 12 valve would be... SWEEEEET!:thumbsup:

Back